The Governing Body of Recreation Road Infant School is formed from representatives of parents, staff, the community and the Local Authority.
Their role is to oversee the work of the school, to support and challenge it and to help the school to plan for the future.
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Hold the head teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- Oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent.
Our Governors are currently:
- Marion Flaxman (Chair, Local Authority Governor)
- Matthew Hartley (Vice-Chair, Co-opted Governor)
- Michael Bunting (Head Teacher Governor)
- Sheree Brock (Staff Governor)
- Florence Harrison (Parent Governor)
- Morgan Self (Parent Governor)
- Jan Jinkerson (Co-opted Governor)
- Gary McGuiness (Co-opted Governor)
- Pirita Paajanen (Co-opted Governor)
- Ulrike Theuerkauf (Co-opted Governor)
- Kathryn Savva (Co-opted Governor)
- Jen Carlin (Associate Governor)
The school has two committees: Resources and Teaching & Learning.
The Resources Committee is chaired by Matthew Hartley and the Teaching and Learning Committee by Pirita Paajanen.
Committees meet twice per term. The Full Governing Board meets 7 times a year. Approved Full Governing Board minutes are available on the school website or from the school office.