The Governing Body of Recreation Road Infant School is formed from representatives of parents, staff, the community and the Local Authority.
Their role is to oversee the work of the school, to support and challenge it and to help the school to plan for the future.
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Hold the head teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- Oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent.
Our Governors are currently:
- Matthew Hartley (Vice-Chair, Co-opted Governor)
- Michael Bunting (Head Teacher Governor)
- Sheree Brock (Staff Governor)
- Florence Harrison (Co-opted Governor)
- Gary McGuiness (Co-opted Governor)
- Ulrike Theuerkauf (Co-opted Governor)
- Kathryn Savva (Co-opted Governor)
- Jen Carlin (Associate Governor)
- Adrian Ramsay (Parent Governor)
- Clemmie Williams (Parent Governor)
- Deborah Ilott (Local Authority Governor)
- Avidan Kent (Co-opted Governor)
- Amanda Lowe (Associate Governor)
The school has two committees: Resources and Teaching & Learning.
The Resources Committee is chaired by Matthew Hartley and the Teaching and Learning Committee by Ulrike Theuerkauf.
Committees meet twice per term. The Full Governing Board meets 7 times a year. Approved Full Governing Board minutes are available on the school website or from the school office.
|Name||Governor Type||Term From||Term To||Roles|
|Miss Sheree Brock||Staff governor||20 Mar 2019||20 Mar 2023||Assistant Head|
|Ms Jen Carlin||Associate Member||01 Apr 2019||31 Mar 2023||School Support Manager|
|Florence Harrison||Co-opted governor||17 Mar 2020||16 Mar 2024||Co-Chair
PE and Sports Premium
|Dr Matthew Hartley||Co-opted governor||10 Dec 2019||9 Dec 2023||Co-Chair
Chair - Resources
|Deborah Ilott||Local Authority Governor||21 Jul 2020||20 Jul 2024||Safeguarding
|Jan Jinkerson||Co-opted governor||23 May 2018||22 May 2022
resigned Jan 2021
|Mr Avidan Kent||Co-opted governor||02 Dec 2020||1 Dec 2024|
|Miss Amanda Lowe||Associate Member
(Governing Board )
|03 Feb 2021||2 Feb 2025|
|Gary McGuinness||Co-opted governor||21 Mar 2018||21 Mar 2022||Vice Chair
GDPR Link Governor
|Adrian Ramsay||Parent governor||05 Feb 2020||4 Feb 2024|
|Dr Kathryn Savva||Co-opted governor||06 Feb 2019||5 Feb 2023|
|Dr Ulrike Theuerkauf||Co-opted governor||21 Mar 2018||21 Mar 2022||Chair - Teaching & Learning
Equality and Diversity
|Ms Clemmie Williams||Parent governor||05 Feb 2020||4 Feb 2024||SEND|