Recreation Road Infant and Avenue Junior Schools have partnered together to create the Heigham Community Federation. The federation has one governing board, formed from representatives of parents, staff, the community and the Local Authority.
The governing board’s role is to oversee the work of the school, to support and challenge it and to help it plan for the future.
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Hold the head teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- Oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent.
Our Governors are currently:
- Michael Bunting, Head Teacher Governor
- Jen Carlin, Associate Governor
- Louise Carolan, Co-opted Governor
- Debbie Dismore, Head Teacher Governor
- Mike Grimble (Co-Chair), Co-opted Governor
- Mike Hooper, Associate Governor
- Deborah Ilott, Local Authority Governor
- Sian Jones, Co-opted Governor
- Avidan Kent, Parent Governor
- Gary McGuinness, Co-opted Governor
- Rachel Paley, (Vice Chair), Co-opted Governor
- Nania Poulson (Co-Chair), Co-opted Governor
- Farah Rahman, Co-opted Governor
- Jo Thompson, Co-opted Governor
- Nick Thornton, Staff Governor
The Federation operates a ‘collapsed model’ of governance. It doesn’t have committees; instead it has monthly Full Governing Board Meetings. Approved minutes of these meetings are available on this webpage, or upon request from the school office.
Please call the school office (01603 457120) if you wish to contact one of our governors.
|Name||Designation||Term From||Term To||Voting rights?|
|Michael Bunting||Head Teacher||ex officio||Y|
|Debbie Dismore||Head Teacher||ex officio||Y|
|Mike Grimble (Co-Chair)||Co-opted||01/09/2021||31/08/2025||Y|
|Deborah Ilott||Local Authority||01/09/2021||31/08/2025||Y|
|Rachel Paley (Vice-Chair)||Co-opted||01/09/2021||31/08/2025||Y|
|Nania Poulson (Co-Chair)||Co-opted||01/09/2021||31/08/2025||Y|