Heigham Community Federation Governors
Recreation Road Infant and Avenue Junior Schools have partnered together to create the Heigham Community Federation. The federation has one governing board, formed from representatives of parents, staff, the community and the Local Authority.
Avenue Junior School
The governing board’s role is to oversee the work of the school, to support and challenge it and to help it plan for the future.
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Hold the head teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- Oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent.
Our Governors are currently:
- Michael Bunting, Head Teacher Governor
- Jen Carlin, Associate Governor
- Mike Grimble (Co-Chair), Co-opted Governor
- Mike Hooper, Associate Governor
- Denise Mattock, Associate Governor
- Laura Harris, Co-opted Governor
- Judith Mayne, Co-opted Governor
- Rachel Paley, Co-opted Governor
- Pamela Reynell (Co-Chair), Co-opted Governor
- Sam Rowbury, Co-opted Governor
- Jo Thompson, Local Authority Governor
- Jamie Wallis, Parent Governor
- Victoria Younespour, Parent Governor
The Federation operates a ‘collapsed model’ of governance. It doesn’t have committees; instead it has monthly Full Governing Board Meetings. Approved minutes of these meetings are available on this webpage, or upon request from the school office.
Please call the school office if you wish to contact one of our governors.
Recreation Road Infant School 01603 457120
Avenue Junior School 01603 441034
|Name||Designation||Term From||Term To||Voting rights?|
|Michael Bunting||Head Teacher||ex officio||Y|
|Mike Grimble (Co-Chair)||Co-opted||01/09/2021||31/08/2025||Y|
|Pamela Reynell (Co-Chair)||Co-opted||26/09/2022||25/09/2026||Y|
|Jo Thompson||Local Authority||25/10/2022||24/10/2026||Y|